Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Let's just say I have seen some "unnatural" looking 30, 40 and 50 year olds at meets during various National Championship. One in particular, I will not mention, but was literally glowing in the sun. That is usually a tell tale sign that they are doused in Coppertone, or on the juice according to a trainer I know who was with me that has dealt with it for many years. Even if they aren't if they are kicking my butt at meets, I need to use that as an excuse! :laugh2: Thanks for the sympathy on the back, it is hell dealing with it from time to time. Have had 4 surgeries. I guess I need to get my butt to more national meets and scope out the competition! I haven't seen any glowers. I do know some awesome looking 40-50ish athletes though ... they train a lot. I think Quicksilver said somewhere that elite 40-50 somethings look like they are in their late 20s from the neck down. Now if they'd go to those "rejuvenation centers" ande's speculating about, maybe they'd look good from the neck up too? ;) (4 surgeries? Can you still swim? Nerve damage --yikes. As for the muscle atrophy, have you looked in regenerative treatment? Keep fighting the good fight!)
  • Let's just say I have seen some "unnatural" looking 30, 40 and 50 year olds at meets during various National Championship. One in particular, I will not mention, but was literally glowing in the sun. That is usually a tell tale sign that they are doused in Coppertone, or on the juice according to a trainer I know who was with me that has dealt with it for many years. Even if they aren't if they are kicking my butt at meets, I need to use that as an excuse! :laugh2: Thanks for the sympathy on the back, it is hell dealing with it from time to time. Have had 4 surgeries. I guess I need to get my butt to more national meets and scope out the competition! I haven't seen any glowers. I do know some awesome looking 40-50ish athletes though ... they train a lot. I think Quicksilver said somewhere that elite 40-50 somethings look like they are in their late 20s from the neck down. Now if they'd go to those "rejuvenation centers" ande's speculating about, maybe they'd look good from the neck up too? ;) (4 surgeries? Can you still swim? Nerve damage --yikes. As for the muscle atrophy, have you looked in regenerative treatment? Keep fighting the good fight!)
Children
No Data