Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Skepticism is always healthy. But cynicism is an attitude that leaves a stain. No doubt some swimmers sometime have used illegal substances sometime. Some of them have probably had negative tests. But swimming is nowhere near as tainted as other sports. To make a comparison between cycling or pro baseball and swimming is just plain stupid because the motivations are so much different. What's a bit disappointing is that you have to wade through an awful lot of disbelief and innuendo to find what factors could be in play to allow her to reach this level. Just to satisfy my compulsive tendencies, I'll try to summarize: sprint genes, sprint events, superior baseline talent, short break in training, core conditioning, improved coaching, financial independence, breastfeeding (who know what those hormones can do- no one's thought of that!), fast suits, and not to be overlooked what appears to be phenomenal motivation. I don't think its naive to find her inspiring.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Skepticism is always healthy. But cynicism is an attitude that leaves a stain. No doubt some swimmers sometime have used illegal substances sometime. Some of them have probably had negative tests. But swimming is nowhere near as tainted as other sports. To make a comparison between cycling or pro baseball and swimming is just plain stupid because the motivations are so much different. What's a bit disappointing is that you have to wade through an awful lot of disbelief and innuendo to find what factors could be in play to allow her to reach this level. Just to satisfy my compulsive tendencies, I'll try to summarize: sprint genes, sprint events, superior baseline talent, short break in training, core conditioning, improved coaching, financial independence, breastfeeding (who know what those hormones can do- no one's thought of that!), fast suits, and not to be overlooked what appears to be phenomenal motivation. I don't think its naive to find her inspiring.
Children
No Data