Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Does Dara look different,not that I've seen. She is essentially a professional athlete and has access to the most up to date training methods. My own experience is that with training as a relatively low priority my own times slowed little until my late 40s.I swam my 3rd fastest 50M BR at 46(though it was easier as I wasn't that fast in college,not a national qualifier or anything.)If I could do that with swimming a lower priority it seems a full time swimmer might be able to get a little faster than they were when younger.Maybe she is cheating,but her swims seem plausible to me.Maybe it was her suit(see fastskin pro thread.):dedhorse::dedhorse:
  • Does Dara look different,not that I've seen. She is essentially a professional athlete and has access to the most up to date training methods. My own experience is that with training as a relatively low priority my own times slowed little until my late 40s.I swam my 3rd fastest 50M BR at 46(though it was easier as I wasn't that fast in college,not a national qualifier or anything.)If I could do that with swimming a lower priority it seems a full time swimmer might be able to get a little faster than they were when younger.Maybe she is cheating,but her swims seem plausible to me.Maybe it was her suit(see fastskin pro thread.):dedhorse::dedhorse:
Children
No Data