Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I don't find it hard to believe that Dara can still sprint after all these years. She's 5'-11" tall, has the cardiovascular system of an uber athlete...and she's as strong as ever. We may not see middle distance swimmers going as fast as their early days...but a 50 or 100 is a very short race in terms of maximal sustained effort. When Gary Hall is still going strong in 10 years...do the torches and pitchforks come out as well?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I don't find it hard to believe that Dara can still sprint after all these years. She's 5'-11" tall, has the cardiovascular system of an uber athlete...and she's as strong as ever. We may not see middle distance swimmers going as fast as their early days...but a 50 or 100 is a very short race in terms of maximal sustained effort. When Gary Hall is still going strong in 10 years...do the torches and pitchforks come out as well?
Children
No Data