Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • While I find the Spitz comparison somewhat valid - how old was he in 92? He was 20 years removed from his stellar Olympics!! That's older than most kids on the National Team (or at least several of them). Dara is 7 years removed from her last Olympics - a HUGE difference. As far as talent goes, who knows she might be as talented or more so. Why do you think Spitz was more talented? (I am curious not accusing)
  • While I find the Spitz comparison somewhat valid - how old was he in 92? He was 20 years removed from his stellar Olympics!! That's older than most kids on the National Team (or at least several of them). Dara is 7 years removed from her last Olympics - a HUGE difference. As far as talent goes, who knows she might be as talented or more so. Why do you think Spitz was more talented? (I am curious not accusing)
Children
No Data