Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    SCYFreestyler: For the same reason it is used in many areas of business, security, law enforcement and military applications. It is a proven effective tool used by most law enforcement agencies in our country. Our laws do not permit the use of it in a court of law because or legal system trusts the evidence and testimony against the accused or suspect more then they do a machine. In sports, there are no witnesses or testimonies; for athletes who cheat, hide what they do very well. I simply think it would be an interesting exercise to see what all 8 finalists tests would have to say in every sport. So what do you do with the results? Ban people from competing? I don't see that as being a reasonable course of action.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    SCYFreestyler: For the same reason it is used in many areas of business, security, law enforcement and military applications. It is a proven effective tool used by most law enforcement agencies in our country. Our laws do not permit the use of it in a court of law because or legal system trusts the evidence and testimony against the accused or suspect more then they do a machine. In sports, there are no witnesses or testimonies; for athletes who cheat, hide what they do very well. I simply think it would be an interesting exercise to see what all 8 finalists tests would have to say in every sport. So what do you do with the results? Ban people from competing? I don't see that as being a reasonable course of action.
Children
No Data