Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • On another note, with the rapid rise of "Rejuvenation Centers" around the country I'm sure there are several to many masters swimmers who receive their "assistance." What's a "rejuvenation center?" Despite my apparent cynicism, I seem unaware of this phenomenon. FlyQueen: No one, including me, has "accused" Dara. As much as we all hope our sport is clean, it is human nature to ponder over an accomplishment that defies logic. We shouldn't be castigated for expressing a mere thought. Dara is obviously just phenomenally talented and, as Rob points out, hard working. It does suck that she can't "prove" her innocence and I hope she is innocent. Geek: Very funny! I clearly fall into the category of aging masters who can still sprint a bit, but fade quickly over any distance, lacking endurance and proper training or anything else besides naturally fast twitch muscles. Not PR-ing in my 40s either.
  • On another note, with the rapid rise of "Rejuvenation Centers" around the country I'm sure there are several to many masters swimmers who receive their "assistance." What's a "rejuvenation center?" Despite my apparent cynicism, I seem unaware of this phenomenon. FlyQueen: No one, including me, has "accused" Dara. As much as we all hope our sport is clean, it is human nature to ponder over an accomplishment that defies logic. We shouldn't be castigated for expressing a mere thought. Dara is obviously just phenomenally talented and, as Rob points out, hard working. It does suck that she can't "prove" her innocence and I hope she is innocent. Geek: Very funny! I clearly fall into the category of aging masters who can still sprint a bit, but fade quickly over any distance, lacking endurance and proper training or anything else besides naturally fast twitch muscles. Not PR-ing in my 40s either.
Children
No Data