Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • I swim with several women that are PRing in the 30s and 40s - lifetime PRs. The two that come to mind both age group and college and were very successful. They both swam for big time college programs and were star swimmers while there. Both are also sprinters and both are constantly in the top 10 for 50s and 100s. They may not have Dara speed but they have great technique, started training smarter, and started lifting more. I also have to believe that she is smart enough to not dope while breastfeeding. Her daughter would have obvious effects as well. I didn't watch the webcast but from what I have heard her technique was superior to the other awesome athletes in that heat.
  • I swim with several women that are PRing in the 30s and 40s - lifetime PRs. The two that come to mind both age group and college and were very successful. They both swam for big time college programs and were star swimmers while there. Both are also sprinters and both are constantly in the top 10 for 50s and 100s. They may not have Dara speed but they have great technique, started training smarter, and started lifting more. I also have to believe that she is smart enough to not dope while breastfeeding. Her daughter would have obvious effects as well. I didn't watch the webcast but from what I have heard her technique was superior to the other awesome athletes in that heat.
Children
No Data