Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • My mind disconnects when the reality that “no testing” is performed for those years she was retired. Essentially, she “could” have had her baby, and then began to get back in shape, and built her body back using hard work and the juice (or whatever she chose) and no one would know the difference. But would this be effective? As soon as she went off the juice she'd start losing the gains based on those drugs. If drugs really affect performance that much why would she continue to swim faster months after going off the drugs? Rob's points about technique and suit technology are good ones. Plenty of masters swimmers are reaping the benefits of these, getting close to or setting lifetime bests at older ages. Why can't Dara also do this? I really hope Dara is not a cheater. I think it is very possible she's a phenomenally talented swimmer who didn't quite have the focus she needed when she was a teenager/college swimmer. Now she's got her head in the game, has her technique refined to perfection and she's as fast as ever. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.
  • My mind disconnects when the reality that “no testing” is performed for those years she was retired. Essentially, she “could” have had her baby, and then began to get back in shape, and built her body back using hard work and the juice (or whatever she chose) and no one would know the difference. But would this be effective? As soon as she went off the juice she'd start losing the gains based on those drugs. If drugs really affect performance that much why would she continue to swim faster months after going off the drugs? Rob's points about technique and suit technology are good ones. Plenty of masters swimmers are reaping the benefits of these, getting close to or setting lifetime bests at older ages. Why can't Dara also do this? I really hope Dara is not a cheater. I think it is very possible she's a phenomenally talented swimmer who didn't quite have the focus she needed when she was a teenager/college swimmer. Now she's got her head in the game, has her technique refined to perfection and she's as fast as ever. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.
Children
No Data