Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • My suggestion, whenever a world class athlete announces that he or she is going to retire from their sport, they must continue to be tested or never be allowed to return to that sport. this is a bit extreme, I believe when Dara retired in 2000, she was convinced that was it, hence no comeback attempt in 2004. I believe Dara focused on her career and stayed in shape during those years then she shocked her self when she swam the 50 at the 2006 Masters Worlds, and quietly went about getting back in competition shape. Making another Olympic team is a great career move for her, I don't think Dara would be so motivated by financial gain that she'd juice. She grew up in a wealthy family, I believe her dad managed Wayne Newton. I'm sure she does fine with her career and I'm sure her husband isn't poor. I think Dara's hungry to see what she can do, this is probably her last hurrah. I'm sure there were times when she felt burned out, but I bet that right now swimming is fun for her. I'm curious to see how much faster she can go. You swim girl. Ande On another note, with the rapid rise of "Rejuvenation Centers" around the country I'm sure there are several to many masters swimmers who receive their "assistance." In no way am I accusing Dara or cheating. My post is simply to point out the possibilities. My mind disconnects when the reality that “no testing” is performed for those years she was retired. Essentially, she “could” have had her baby, and then began to get back in shape, and built her body back using hard work and the juice (or whatever she chose) and no one would know the difference. Then after her body had the opportunity to grow much stronger with the help of illegal substances, she could stop taking those substances and announce that she is “coming out of retirement” in her attempt to become the first woman swimmer to compete in five Olympic Games. All while testing again begins and she would be as clean as if she never took any illegal performance enhancing drugs. My suggestion, whenever a world class athlete announces that he or she is going to retire from their sport, they must continue to be tested or never be allowed to return to that sport. These long, long retirements (exactly like Dara’s) leave way to much room for illegal performance enhancing drugs to be used without detection. Let’s face the facts, she is a very talented swimmer and has been for years. She hosts many television programs and commentates for many news organizations and “if” she were to become the first woman to compete in five Olympic Games, huge amounts of money from endorsements are involved. The loop holes and potential monetary gain are way too much for me to be comfortable with her swim last night.
  • My suggestion, whenever a world class athlete announces that he or she is going to retire from their sport, they must continue to be tested or never be allowed to return to that sport. this is a bit extreme, I believe when Dara retired in 2000, she was convinced that was it, hence no comeback attempt in 2004. I believe Dara focused on her career and stayed in shape during those years then she shocked her self when she swam the 50 at the 2006 Masters Worlds, and quietly went about getting back in competition shape. Making another Olympic team is a great career move for her, I don't think Dara would be so motivated by financial gain that she'd juice. She grew up in a wealthy family, I believe her dad managed Wayne Newton. I'm sure she does fine with her career and I'm sure her husband isn't poor. I think Dara's hungry to see what she can do, this is probably her last hurrah. I'm sure there were times when she felt burned out, but I bet that right now swimming is fun for her. I'm curious to see how much faster she can go. You swim girl. Ande On another note, with the rapid rise of "Rejuvenation Centers" around the country I'm sure there are several to many masters swimmers who receive their "assistance." In no way am I accusing Dara or cheating. My post is simply to point out the possibilities. My mind disconnects when the reality that “no testing” is performed for those years she was retired. Essentially, she “could” have had her baby, and then began to get back in shape, and built her body back using hard work and the juice (or whatever she chose) and no one would know the difference. Then after her body had the opportunity to grow much stronger with the help of illegal substances, she could stop taking those substances and announce that she is “coming out of retirement” in her attempt to become the first woman swimmer to compete in five Olympic Games. All while testing again begins and she would be as clean as if she never took any illegal performance enhancing drugs. My suggestion, whenever a world class athlete announces that he or she is going to retire from their sport, they must continue to be tested or never be allowed to return to that sport. These long, long retirements (exactly like Dara’s) leave way to much room for illegal performance enhancing drugs to be used without detection. Let’s face the facts, she is a very talented swimmer and has been for years. She hosts many television programs and commentates for many news organizations and “if” she were to become the first woman to compete in five Olympic Games, huge amounts of money from endorsements are involved. The loop holes and potential monetary gain are way too much for me to be comfortable with her swim last night.
Children
No Data