Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • You can count on one hand the number of super elite athletes in their 40s. I can't think of an athlete competing at the highest level at this age without a cloud of suspicion. Certainly, no one in football or basketball and baseball has a lone example. There is a natural decline at that age and there are hundreds of examples of the greats falling off (Jordan, Barkley, Montana, Griffey Jr, Maddux, the list is endless). I'm not making any sort of accusation but this type of performance puts her in a completely unique category.
  • You can count on one hand the number of super elite athletes in their 40s. I can't think of an athlete competing at the highest level at this age without a cloud of suspicion. Certainly, no one in football or basketball and baseball has a lone example. There is a natural decline at that age and there are hundreds of examples of the greats falling off (Jordan, Barkley, Montana, Griffey Jr, Maddux, the list is endless). I'm not making any sort of accusation but this type of performance puts her in a completely unique category.
Children
No Data