How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • Funny this thread popped back up. A couple weeks ago I swam a mile breaststroke open in an open water event (lake). Normally I wouldn't do such a thing but I was able to raise a considerable sum pretty quickly for *** Cancer research by volunteering to swim the mile in my pink suit, ***, without a wetsuit (water was still kinda cool for me) if I hit my fundraising goal in two days. I did, so I swam it ***. There were no timing chips used and I took it out at a relaxed but steady pace and I finished in 33 minutes according to my watch. Currently if I was to go out for a 100 SCY, I would expect to hit around 1:23. I could have done that mile faster but not normally swimming that much consistent *** with no walls, my plan was to go out and have fun without hitting the virtual wall.
  • Funny this thread popped back up. A couple weeks ago I swam a mile breaststroke open in an open water event (lake). Normally I wouldn't do such a thing but I was able to raise a considerable sum pretty quickly for *** Cancer research by volunteering to swim the mile in my pink suit, ***, without a wetsuit (water was still kinda cool for me) if I hit my fundraising goal in two days. I did, so I swam it ***. There were no timing chips used and I took it out at a relaxed but steady pace and I finished in 33 minutes according to my watch. Currently if I was to go out for a 100 SCY, I would expect to hit around 1:23. I could have done that mile faster but not normally swimming that much consistent *** with no walls, my plan was to go out and have fun without hitting the virtual wall.
Children
No Data