How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • Yep, that's right! Denise, one way to learn technique is to watch videos of Masters swimmers who are swimming it correctly. Good point, Elaine! I started swimming when I was 7 years old, but it wasn't until I was in college when I watched a teammate swim breaststroke, that I finally figured it out. :blush: :doh: Before then, it was a crap shoot whether or not I would get DQ'd in a race. In fact, a few rule changes in the 80's actually helped me out in that regard. :drown:
  • Yep, that's right! Denise, one way to learn technique is to watch videos of Masters swimmers who are swimming it correctly. Good point, Elaine! I started swimming when I was 7 years old, but it wasn't until I was in college when I watched a teammate swim breaststroke, that I finally figured it out. :blush: :doh: Before then, it was a crap shoot whether or not I would get DQ'd in a race. In fact, a few rule changes in the 80's actually helped me out in that regard. :drown:
Children
No Data