How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • There may be hope You just need to learn proper technique Yep, that's right! Denise, one way to learn technique is to watch videos of Masters swimmers who are swimming it correctly. The reason I say "Masters" is because our older knees probably can't kick as narrow as Olympians do without a repetitive stress injury. :toohurt:In addition, our shoulders probably can't pull as wide! Check out this awesome race :applaud: by King Frog (in the black cap) when he broke the Masters World Record on the 200m Breaststroke in 2011. (By the way, he broke the record again at the World Champions this year.) :bow:: youtu.be/Sb0qr4BTMl0
  • There may be hope You just need to learn proper technique Yep, that's right! Denise, one way to learn technique is to watch videos of Masters swimmers who are swimming it correctly. The reason I say "Masters" is because our older knees probably can't kick as narrow as Olympians do without a repetitive stress injury. :toohurt:In addition, our shoulders probably can't pull as wide! Check out this awesome race :applaud: by King Frog (in the black cap) when he broke the Masters World Record on the 200m Breaststroke in 2011. (By the way, he broke the record again at the World Champions this year.) :bow:: youtu.be/Sb0qr4BTMl0
Children
No Data