How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • Up until the SDK "revolution," I didn't swim any evilstroke. Allowing one dolphin kick off the wall is hardly a revolution though. Maybe if they gave us two, and hence cut back on the DQs for pulling down hard after kicking, it would be more transformative. (Or just permit swimmers to substitute dolphin for whip kick. :-)) But one little dolphin kick for a 50 m sprint is nuthin. Swimming a mile of breaststroke?! I meant that ,before SDK became popular for Fly,BK and Free ,those swimmers were coming to the surface well before BR swimmers due to the pullout in BR. Prior to 1986 some part of the head had to break the surface at all times.Most of the head could be underwater and we did get our hair wet.Before the rule change in the 1950s requiring the head to break the surface ,BR swimmers would swim as much of the race as possible underwater. .
  • Up until the SDK "revolution," I didn't swim any evilstroke. Allowing one dolphin kick off the wall is hardly a revolution though. Maybe if they gave us two, and hence cut back on the DQs for pulling down hard after kicking, it would be more transformative. (Or just permit swimmers to substitute dolphin for whip kick. :-)) But one little dolphin kick for a 50 m sprint is nuthin. Swimming a mile of breaststroke?! I meant that ,before SDK became popular for Fly,BK and Free ,those swimmers were coming to the surface well before BR swimmers due to the pullout in BR. Prior to 1986 some part of the head had to break the surface at all times.Most of the head could be underwater and we did get our hair wet.Before the rule change in the 1950s requiring the head to break the surface ,BR swimmers would swim as much of the race as possible underwater. .
Children
No Data