How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • Aren't there some crazy swimmers around called "butternuts" who do lots of open water fly? I didn't know this was a term (or an actual "thing") but last year I was hanging out by a pond on the Cape and I saw some unusual splashing way out in the middle of the pond - half a mile away anyway. I watched it as it got closer and closer and even though it seemed like the splash pattern of someone doing fly, it didn't seem possible. But that's exactly what it was - this girl was swimming all the way across the pond doing fly. Around 50m from shore she turned around and went back across. It was nuts! And impressive! ANd I think it would take several hours to do one mile of breaststroke
  • Aren't there some crazy swimmers around called "butternuts" who do lots of open water fly? I didn't know this was a term (or an actual "thing") but last year I was hanging out by a pond on the Cape and I saw some unusual splashing way out in the middle of the pond - half a mile away anyway. I watched it as it got closer and closer and even though it seemed like the splash pattern of someone doing fly, it didn't seem possible. But that's exactly what it was - this girl was swimming all the way across the pond doing fly. Around 50m from shore she turned around and went back across. It was nuts! And impressive! ANd I think it would take several hours to do one mile of breaststroke
Children
No Data