How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • I think I did a 66 lengths in an 80 foot pool (so this is longer than a true 1650) in about 30 minutes. I don't have much swimming background... this is not a particularly fast time, but I was also doing it just to finish strong, not fast. This was several years ago... before my knees really started to bug me. Now, I don't think I ever do more than 1200 yds *** in any one practice and that would be all broken up (like 6x200 - maybe 3x200 ***, some freestyle, and 3x200 *** again). And then the next day I'd probably have to avoid breaststroke after a set like that. :) Jeff's times are unreal...
  • I think I did a 66 lengths in an 80 foot pool (so this is longer than a true 1650) in about 30 minutes. I don't have much swimming background... this is not a particularly fast time, but I was also doing it just to finish strong, not fast. This was several years ago... before my knees really started to bug me. Now, I don't think I ever do more than 1200 yds *** in any one practice and that would be all broken up (like 6x200 - maybe 3x200 ***, some freestyle, and 3x200 *** again). And then the next day I'd probably have to avoid breaststroke after a set like that. :) Jeff's times are unreal...
Children
No Data