How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    My current view of breastroke is that it is a stroke I use to cool down or to get rest in between freestyle repeats. I also "use" it when swimming my now pitifull 100 meter I.M. I come out of the backstroke so dead that I hardly do the underwater pull out (the filipine it is called here) correctly and efficiently. However, in my group, if I want to I can still be faster than most. So basically I swim backstroke and *** for the 100 (in the future maybe a 200) I.M. In my previous life or even up to last year I hadn't noticed the "knee" issue in the breastroke. Now I can feel it slightly, as I age (56). If however I were in a situation in a lake or ocean I would probably use the *** to save myself. When doing 1,000 meters (maybe 3,000 next year) open water I use the *** every now and then to get a correct sighting of the buoys or whatever. billy fanstone (from way back when you couldn't have water over your head nor do the thing under water nowadays allowed).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    My current view of breastroke is that it is a stroke I use to cool down or to get rest in between freestyle repeats. I also "use" it when swimming my now pitifull 100 meter I.M. I come out of the backstroke so dead that I hardly do the underwater pull out (the filipine it is called here) correctly and efficiently. However, in my group, if I want to I can still be faster than most. So basically I swim backstroke and *** for the 100 (in the future maybe a 200) I.M. In my previous life or even up to last year I hadn't noticed the "knee" issue in the breastroke. Now I can feel it slightly, as I age (56). If however I were in a situation in a lake or ocean I would probably use the *** to save myself. When doing 1,000 meters (maybe 3,000 next year) open water I use the *** every now and then to get a correct sighting of the buoys or whatever. billy fanstone (from way back when you couldn't have water over your head nor do the thing under water nowadays allowed).
Children
No Data