How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Before I taught myself to swim freestyle, I swam the 1650 breaststroke. At the 1994 USMS Nationals, when I was 52, my time for the mile was 26:22.09. As Peter Cruise knows, my next goal is to do the mile all fly... -- mel Don't make me cry, I can do the 1650 in around 23 minutes, free. I wouldn't mind trying to do the 1650 fly though, might be fun. I did do a 1000 IM last year just for fun, maybe this year I'll try the 1650 fly. Great, thanks for the poor idea that I'll never get out of my head.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Before I taught myself to swim freestyle, I swam the 1650 breaststroke. At the 1994 USMS Nationals, when I was 52, my time for the mile was 26:22.09. As Peter Cruise knows, my next goal is to do the mile all fly... -- mel Don't make me cry, I can do the 1650 in around 23 minutes, free. I wouldn't mind trying to do the 1650 fly though, might be fun. I did do a 1000 IM last year just for fun, maybe this year I'll try the 1650 fly. Great, thanks for the poor idea that I'll never get out of my head.
Children
No Data