Help My Flutter Kick is Horrible!

Former Member
Former Member
I am slow, and when I mean slow, I mean slow. I can do a 26 sec 50 with fins, but without I come in just under 1:20! I think a big part of it is just taking the fins off and doing a lot of kick sets to learn to feel the water better with my feet. I have a good breaststroke kick so I don't think my problem is an overly weak pair of legs, although they could be in better shape. Also, myankles are fairly flexible as I can point my toes and make my feet bend backwards past an even position with my shins. However, I do think that I need to loosen up my ankles when I kick. I feel like I get more out of my kick for those brief moments when I allow my ankles to snap back and forth with my kick. I think I actually need to relax more to kick faster as weird as that sounds. I suppose the answer to my question is that I simply need to take of the fins and do kick set after kick set until I learn to feel the water better with my feet and become more efficient.
Parents
  • OK great Do the kick set at least 3 x a week Start a chart to track your best performances ie: 25 sprint times 03/04/06 :24 When you go under 20 for a 25 kick start testing 50's as well When you go under 45 for a 50 kick start testing 75's and 100's you can also test different kinds of kicking fly with and without a board, belly, back, or side *** with and with out indicate if your start was from a push or a dive, if from a dive was it from a roll start or coaches go did you time it or someone else? Keep us posted Ande Originally posted by Blue Horn Ok, I did a dive and all out kick for 25 yards and hit 24. During my work out I did 4 x ( 5 x 25 on 1:00 last one all out with centermount snorkel in stream line) I held 35 on my regular kick lap and on my all out lap I was hiting 27. I am starting to feel the water now and I AM ACTUALLY GOING SOMEWHERE! Hopefully I will keep making these types of improvements over the next month or so. Thanks again.
  • OK great Do the kick set at least 3 x a week Start a chart to track your best performances ie: 25 sprint times 03/04/06 :24 When you go under 20 for a 25 kick start testing 50's as well When you go under 45 for a 50 kick start testing 75's and 100's you can also test different kinds of kicking fly with and without a board, belly, back, or side *** with and with out indicate if your start was from a push or a dive, if from a dive was it from a roll start or coaches go did you time it or someone else? Keep us posted Ande Originally posted by Blue Horn Ok, I did a dive and all out kick for 25 yards and hit 24. During my work out I did 4 x ( 5 x 25 on 1:00 last one all out with centermount snorkel in stream line) I held 35 on my regular kick lap and on my all out lap I was hiting 27. I am starting to feel the water now and I AM ACTUALLY GOING SOMEWHERE! Hopefully I will keep making these types of improvements over the next month or so. Thanks again.
Children
No Data