Swim Around Key West 2024

I am an avid pool swimmer here in Florida and I 'd like to do the CFK (FKCC) Seim Around Key West in June 2024. I have done the swim several times. I am familiar with the general rule of thumb "Swim the race distance each week and swim at least once 65% to 75% the distance prior to event..." but I am interested in a genuine swim plan. Are there any USMS resources that I can tap into? Are there any USMS training plan schedules available?

Parents
  • USMS has some training plans but they are more for shorter swims (building up to swim for an hour, or for a pool meet). Are you looking for a program specific to the Swim Around Key West distance or just marathon swimming in general?

• Kyle: Thank you fo the response. I am looking for a general 20K swim plan. I'd like to know what a 20K swim plan should look like. At the moment, my AKWS plan is to self-propel 50 miles per week. Of that 50 miles/wk, at least 12.5 miles has to be swimming. In January, of that 12.5 miles, there has to be at least one 4 mile swim. In February that 4 mile swim turns into a 5 mile swim. In March, that 5 mile swims goes up to a 6 mile swim. The remainder of the 50 miles can be cycling, running, walking, indoor rowing and /or dragon boating.

• Kyle: Thank you fo the response. I am looking for a general 20K swim plan. I'd like to know what a 20K swim plan should look like. At the moment, my AKWS plan is to self-propel 50 miles per week. Of that 50 miles/wk, at least 12.5 miles has to be swimming. In January, of that 12.5 miles, there has to be at least one 4 mile swim. In February that 4 mile swim turns into a 5 mile swim. In March, that 5 mile swims goes up to a 6 mile swim. The remainder of the 50 miles can be cycling, running, walking, indoor rowing and /or dragon boating.

Children