Mature newbie

Hello everyone,

I am new to this space and hoping this is a community for me.  A year before shutdown I became serious about swimming and decided to learn the four competitive strokes in my mid 50s. I can perform all 4! I had an excellent instructor.  My favorite stroke is butterfly with breaststroke not far behind.  After searching, I found a Masters swim team for folks like me at my local YWCA.  I hope to qualify with that club after the new year.

Hope to meet you on this thread.  

Parents
  • Hello and welcome! I just joined after spending my choldhood swimming competitively. I didn't make world and quit. Just quit! I am in my mid 60s now and wantto get back to swimming. My muscles seem to have memory if that makes sense. But need a club... I thought there was one in Columbia, Maryland but can't find? Thank you all and look forward to meeting you all!! 

• Hello and welcome! I just joined after spending my choldhood swimming competitively. I didn't make world and quit. Just quit! I am in my mid 60s now and wantto get back to swimming. My muscles seem to have memory if that makes sense. But need a club... I thought there was one in Columbia, Maryland but can't find? Thank you all and look forward to meeting you all!! 

Children
  • HI all, I started compteting again when I turned 70 - I love the comraderie at the meets I've been in (just 3, but one was Sr Games Nationals in Pittsburgh which was great!)  Love the way having a meet on the horizon helps with a deterination to push myself in the water and not jsut 'swim pretty' as I call it!  Enjoy and just keep swimming! PamHam