Mature newbie

Hello everyone,

I am new to this space and hoping this is a community for me.  A year before shutdown I became serious about swimming and decided to learn the four competitive strokes in my mid 50s. I can perform all 4! I had an excellent instructor.  My favorite stroke is butterfly with breaststroke not far behind.  After searching, I found a Masters swim team for folks like me at my local YWCA.  I hope to qualify with that club after the new year.

Hope to meet you on this thread.  

Parents
  • Hello, 58K3Z!

Welcome to the Community!  Don't you just hate these random numbers/letters assigned to each person on here?  I do, so I changed my profile to my actual name.  Wink

Anyway, congratulations on your swimming accomplishments!  I, too, love to swim butterfly, and I compete in the 200 fly, because I enjoy the challenge.  Breaststroke is my best stroke, though.  I have some years on you; I'm 61.  I have been in USMS since 2010.

Good luck with your new team, and keep on swimming!

Cheers!

Elaine

• Hello, 58K3Z!

Welcome to the Community!  Don't you just hate these random numbers/letters assigned to each person on here?  I do, so I changed my profile to my actual name.  Wink

Anyway, congratulations on your swimming accomplishments!  I, too, love to swim butterfly, and I compete in the 200 fly, because I enjoy the challenge.  Breaststroke is my best stroke, though.  I have some years on you; I'm 61.  I have been in USMS since 2010.

Good luck with your new team, and keep on swimming!

Cheers!

Elaine

Children
No Data