Hitting my elbow

Ok, I did it again. I slammed my elbow on the wall getting too close not paying attention. Anyone else do this? I’m talking freestyle. I’m sick of doing this. Someday I will chip my bone.

Parents
  • OK…I’m not making fun of you. I’m sure it’s painful. I hope you are/have recovered. But I can’t imagine doing this multiple times. About twenty years ago I hit my heels squarely on the side flip turning for the first time in a new pool. It hurt! That was the only time that happened. To this day I have difficulty honing-in my turn in an unfamiliar pool. But I just can’t quite visualize getting close enough to the side to actually hit my elbow (unless swimming backstroke). I guess my recommendations would be to NOT swim in the outside lanes (if possible). And, don’t stray too far from the black line.
    Dan
  • OK…I’m not making fun of you. I’m sure it’s painful. I hope you are/have recovered. But I can’t imagine doing this multiple times. About twenty years ago I hit my heels squarely on the side flip turning for the first time in a new pool. It hurt! That was the only time that happened. To this day I have difficulty honing-in my turn in an unfamiliar pool. But I just can’t quite visualize getting close enough to the side to actually hit my elbow (unless swimming backstroke). I guess my recommendations would be to NOT swim in the outside lanes (if possible). And, don’t stray too far from the black line.
    Dan
Children
No Data