Will You Please Critique My Freestyle and Backstroke?

Will you please critique my freestyle and backstroke?  The first video is easy warm-up pace freestyle on the first 50, breathing left, and then breathing right.  On the second 50, I pick up the pace a little bit.  One thing I noticed is that my feet are coming out of the water too much on the kick.  That's an easy correction for me; I'm more concerned about everything else!

Thank you for your constructive criticism!

Parents
  • On your freestyle, you have a nice extension out front but it doesn't look like you are beginning your pull early enough and really holding onto the water all the way through . Focus on catching early and then pushing hard all the way past your hip.

• Was noticing on her right arm that she seems to lose the early vertical forearm a bit.  Hard to tell, and I'm no expert, but it looks like instead of rotating downward with the shoulder, she shoots her upper arm out, and bends the elbow too much.  I know a high elbow pull is seen in sprinting, but not in more distance, slower pace stuff.

Elaine, does what I mention make sense?

• Thanks for the feedback, '67. It does make sense, and I think I know why that may be happening. 

During this past craft show season (my husband makes fused glass jewelry), I hurt my shoulder lifting tables when we took down our booth.  I have been diligently doing my Theraband exercises as part of my rehab, so it has been getting better; however, it usually doesn't start feeling good until I am at least 1,500 yards into my workout.  This video was shot at the beginning, and I was probably compensating to avoid discomfort without even thinking about it--- sort of like limping when your knee hurts.

I will keep this in mind going forward.

• Thanks for the feedback, '67. It does make sense, and I think I know why that may be happening. 

During this past craft show season (my husband makes fused glass jewelry), I hurt my shoulder lifting tables when we took down our booth.  I have been diligently doing my Theraband exercises as part of my rehab, so it has been getting better; however, it usually doesn't start feeling good until I am at least 1,500 yards into my workout.  This video was shot at the beginning, and I was probably compensating to avoid discomfort without even thinking about it--- sort of like limping when your knee hurts.

I will keep this in mind going forward.

Children
No Data