USMS+

I see there is a new membership tier. I am not clear what advantages this gives me since my primary focus is swimming in Meets, not in postal challenges Etc .

If I pay extra can I get a working forum? How about a sanctioned meet where everyone is vaccinated. Oh wait, I can do that now, in Canada

(I'd insert a frowny face, but evidently Elaine is the only one who figured how to do that.)

Parents Reply
  • It’s disappointing that vaccinated people can still catch and spread Covid. That’s why we need to continue to wear masks. Vaccination does markedly decrease mortality and morbidity iand also decreases transmissibility. It’s not a panacea but it is a necessary tool.

Children
  • Because the injection everyone is getting does not conform to the historic definition of vaccine. Webster's has conveniently changed that.

• Some of the drifts of what something means when it gets too far from the origin bothers me. For instance epicenter now means "focal point" when it's origin is referring to the point on the earth above an earthquake(epi=above) as the center was below ground. If a covid outbreak has an epicenter then it seems to me most of the victims are under ground. Similarly decimate has as become "destroy" or similar when historically it means kill every tenth person(as a punishment). If a covid outbreak decimates an area it must be killing every tenth person as a punishment. Vaccinate comes from innoulating with cowpox(vaca=cow) to grant some immunity to smallpox. 

• Because science has progressed, we have found a better way to do it.  Sorry the attempts to gaslight the public with the false narrative that it "changes your DNA" failed to take hold.  Guess the new tactic is to say it isn't what it is.

In addition to generally being a better system, the fact is that because of the research done 20 years ago in RNA based vaccines (by the way, Moderna's name came from Modified RNA), an effective vaccine was able to hit the market years before it would with a conventional "dead virus" vaccine.

And I personally don't care what a non-medical resource chooses to call a medical tool.  However, at least they are actually open to new science and data.  Unlike some.