Fitness swimming in Aruba

Former Member
Former Member
Headed to Aruba later this month and was wondering if anyone knew where some good places to lap-swim are. All the pools I see at hotel web sites are beautiful oval and oblong pools, no lane lines, no nothing. All help is appreciated. Thanks!
Parents
  • For interval training with a clock and an actual lap pool, I have no idea. When I was there I just swam open water out in the lagoons. Most of the hotels have areas roped off and they are suitable in size for a great fitness swimming workout. Nice sand bottoms with comfortable (slightly cool) water temps. The only problem I can remember is the blowing sand on the beaches (winds typically run 20+ mph). You should be able to get far enough out that it won't affect your swim but your stuff on the beach will have to be in a bag or something.
  • For interval training with a clock and an actual lap pool, I have no idea. When I was there I just swam open water out in the lagoons. Most of the hotels have areas roped off and they are suitable in size for a great fitness swimming workout. Nice sand bottoms with comfortable (slightly cool) water temps. The only problem I can remember is the blowing sand on the beaches (winds typically run 20+ mph). You should be able to get far enough out that it won't affect your swim but your stuff on the beach will have to be in a bag or something.
Children
No Data