Fitness swimming in Aruba

Former Member
Former Member
Headed to Aruba later this month and was wondering if anyone knew where some good places to lap-swim are. All the pools I see at hotel web sites are beautiful oval and oblong pools, no lane lines, no nothing. All help is appreciated. Thanks!
  • Wish I could help you out. We stayed at the Americana and it was a typical hotel pool. The Holiday Inn has a great pool but it's not for lap swimming. It has slides and fun stuff in a very pretty tropical setting. Have fun, though! Aruba is great.
  • For interval training with a clock and an actual lap pool, I have no idea. When I was there I just swam open water out in the lagoons. Most of the hotels have areas roped off and they are suitable in size for a great fitness swimming workout. Nice sand bottoms with comfortable (slightly cool) water temps. The only problem I can remember is the blowing sand on the beaches (winds typically run 20+ mph). You should be able to get far enough out that it won't affect your swim but your stuff on the beach will have to be in a bag or something.
  • The Aruba Grand on Palm Peach has a pool suitable for lap swimming. The pool is at least 25M, judged by my stroke count. It's easy to crash, as it is just off the side walk on the beach side. No lane ropes, but it does have lines. Just go early in the day before it's filled with rec swimmers.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Heading to Aruba on Saturday. I am also researching lap swimming options. There is no hotel called the "Aruba Grand on Palm Beach". The closest match is the Occidental Grand Aruba. Is this the right hotel with a lap pool? Hoping to crash it and want to see if you guys were successful.
  • That hotel and pool no longer exists. there are two decent swimming pools I know of, one SCM and one LCM. The SCM is located behind the hospital at Aquawindies near Eagle beach. It was 4 florins to swim as long as needed and I believe they're open M-F. The LCM pool (Piscina Olimpico Roly Bislik) is in Savaneta with Masters practice M-W-F from 5 to 6 am. They didn't charge me anything. I would suggest calling them first to ask I love Aruba, I'm jealous
  • Why not break from the pool and use the great water there? I have done many scuba dives there and also kept my yards up using the sea.