Swimming in Italy???

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone swam with a masters program or just worked out on your own in Italy??? please give details and location. Thanks
  • It's off the beaten path of most tourists, but Riccione has a nice complex open to the public. Riccione is where the World Champ were held in 2004 and 2012. I was just there in May. The 50 m indoor pool was open all day for lap swimming. It was divided into two 10 lane 25 m course. One of the 10 lane courses was open for laps. Cost was about 6 euro per day. They were just starting to clean the outdoor pools.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I'm a masters swimmer in Florence Italy. I'm orginally from Berkeley CA, but have been living here for 22 years. Masters swimming in Italy is live and kicking! There are about 12,000 active members all over the country. We have 3-4 meets going on every weekend with 500 - 1000 participants (otherwise it's considered a flop). My team in Florence has about 150 members. Our prez was the founder of the Masters Movement in Italy in 1984. We swim for 2 kinds of organizations: FIN (under the auspices of FINA) and UISP which is strictly an Italian organization. Our season goes from October through to the National Championships in June/July. The 2004 World Champs were held here in the town of Riccione. What more can I tell you? Some sites you may enjoy visiting ("nuoto" is swimming in Italian): www.nuoto.it www.nuotopiu.it and mine, for the crossing of the Strait of Messina this summer: www.iswimitaly.it Ciao! Mary Hi Mary, I swim at Bentley University and will be studying abroad from September 1st until December 19th in Florence. Could you recommend any swim teams that I could join while I am in Florence? Thanks, Laura
  • I have the names of 2 pools in Florence-Via Del Romito,38/8 Florence website www.amicidelnuotofirenze.it Bellariva (Piscina Nannini) Lungarno Aldo Moro 6 Firenze (50 meters) My sister lives nearby Florence in Campi Bisenzio, she swims at the Hidron complex there-which is very nice but about 15 miles from Florence.
  • Former Member
    Thank you for posting “Swimming in Italy???” I am one of three division 1 intercollegiate swimmers from the University of California, Santa Barbara. We are studying abroad in Frienze!We would appreciate an opportunity to be coached or be able to swim at a friendly pool near us. We are begging to learn the Italian language could you introduce us too a head coach for a Masters team? This is very much appreciated please reply!
  • Former Member
    Thank you for posting “Swimming in Italy???” I am one of three division 1 intercollegiate swimmers from the University of California, Santa Barbara. We are studying abroad in Frienze!We would appreciate an opportunity to be coached or be able to swim at a friendly pool near us. We are begging to learn the Italian language could you introduce us too a head coach for a Masters team? This is very much appreciated please reply! I don't know whether this will help but here is the web site for the Italian swimming federation: http://www.federnuoto.it/
  • Parker, My experience is limited, but swimming pools in Italy are not a place where one finds people speaking English. You may have to find someone in your program to translate for you until your command of the language is better. Of course you are bound to learn Italian faster if you put yourself in a situation where no one speaks English.
  • I will be in Rome Oct 9-16, 2016 and am hoping to find a pool where I can work-out. I've tried a couple Italian websites listed in this thread without success. Many thanks.
  • I will be in Rome Oct 9-16, 2016 and am hoping to find a pool where I can work-out. I've tried a couple Italian websites listed in this thread without success. Many thanks. Holiday Inn on westside "near" Vatican.
  • Wow, you resurrected a pretty old thread there. But, to answer these queries I always post the link to this worldwide pool finder, It's pretty good. Just enter the city/state/country you're looking in and it will return you a map with clickable links for info on the pool. Link -- https://www.swimmersguide.com Here's just a screen shot of what it showed for the Florence, Italy metro area: 11862 Dan
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Wow, you resurrected a pretty old thread there. But, to answer these queries I always post the link to this worldwide pool finder, It's pretty good. Just enter the city/state/country you're looking in and it will return you a map with clickable links for info on the pool. Link -- https://www.swimmersguide.com Here's just a screen shot of what it showed for the Florence, Italy metro area: 11862 Dan Thanks! I figured I should bump the old one- I've been chastised a few times for not reading old threads. I'll take a peak! Thanks. If it weren't so close to Mesa I wouldnt care a bit.