Swimming in Italy???

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone swam with a masters program or just worked out on your own in Italy??? please give details and location. Thanks
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Well I've been on a masters team in Italy. Though it was a base team that we just kind of developed with 4 of us. Italy recognized us as masters swimmers and we even went to their meets. This was in Sicily. On the navy base there.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I'm a masters swimmer in Florence Italy. I'm orginally from Berkeley CA, but have been living here for 22 years. Masters swimming in Italy is live and kicking! There are about 12,000 active members all over the country. We have 3-4 meets going on every weekend with 500 - 1000 participants (otherwise it's considered a flop). My team in Florence has about 150 members. Our prez was the founder of the Masters Movement in Italy in 1984. We swim for 2 kinds of organizations: FIN (under the auspices of FINA) and UISP which is strictly an Italian organization. Our season goes from October through to the National Championships in June/July. The 2004 World Champs were held here in the town of Riccione. What more can I tell you? Some sites you may enjoy visiting ("nuoto" is swimming in Italian): www.nuoto.it www.nuotopiu.it and mine, for the crossing of the Strait of Messina this summer: www.iswimitaly.it Ciao! Mary
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I will be staing in Florence from April 14 to July 1st 2010. I would like to join a masters group for my stay. Is that possible??? How do I sign up??Where is the pool?? What time are the workouts. thanks for any suggestions. Rich
  • Former Member
    Mary, sorry to bother, there are some rumours in Italy some competitions are done with the long swimming suits (the ones FINA forbade)?? Some Spanish’s swimmers would like to participate…
  • Former Member
    I can confirm that in Italy we are not wearing illegal suits - briefs or jammers with FINA logo only . For swimming in Florence there are 2 - 3 clubs - I will forward request to someone from that area .
  • Tricia- are you going and Bob going to Italy? Taking kids? I haven't been on FB in awhile, so I'm a little out of the loop!
  • Former Member
    I will be staing in Florence from April 14 to July 1st 2010. I would like to join a masters group for my stay. Is that possible??? How do I sign up??Where is the pool?? What time are the workouts. thanks for any suggestions. Haven't heard from anyone yet would really appreciate any info on how or where to sign up for Masters in Florence, It. My e mail is richb115@gmail.com. Please feel free to give me a shout any time. Rich Having a fun time trying to post this.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I am currently on the swim team at the College of William & Mary. I plan on studying abroad in Florence this summer from May to June and would like to train while I'm over in Italy. So if anyone has a contact for a club team in the Florence area that would be greatly appreciated! I can be reached at tcpoling@email.wm.edu Cheers, Tyler
  • I am currently on the swim team at the College of William & Mary. I plan on studying abroad in Florence this summer from May to June and would like to train while I'm over in Italy. So if anyone has a contact for a club team in the Florence area that would be greatly appreciated! I can be reached at tcpoling@email.wm.edu Cheers, Tyler Tyler, I too, studied in Florence well a while back. Mary- the poster above lives in Florence so she might be the best person to pm. I have contacts as well males so if you hear nothing, let me know. are you looking collegiate level, i assume? masters workouts probably won't be challenging enough for you.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hi, starting this fall I will be studying in Florence for the following school year. I currently attend Pepperdine in California but I really want to stay in shape while I'm abroad. Does anyone have any swim teams I could look into? Or any information to help with that? If you do, I would greatly appreciate it!