Swimming in Italy???

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone swam with a masters program or just worked out on your own in Italy??? please give details and location. Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I'm a masters swimmer in Florence Italy. I'm orginally from Berkeley CA, but have been living here for 22 years. Masters swimming in Italy is live and kicking! There are about 12,000 active members all over the country. We have 3-4 meets going on every weekend with 500 - 1000 participants (otherwise it's considered a flop). My team in Florence has about 150 members. Our prez was the founder of the Masters Movement in Italy in 1984. We swim for 2 kinds of organizations: FIN (under the auspices of FINA) and UISP which is strictly an Italian organization. Our season goes from October through to the National Championships in June/July. The 2004 World Champs were held here in the town of Riccione. What more can I tell you? Some sites you may enjoy visiting ("nuoto" is swimming in Italian): www.nuoto.it www.nuotopiu.it and mine, for the crossing of the Strait of Messina this summer: www.iswimitaly.it Ciao! Mary Hi Mary, I swim at Bentley University and will be studying abroad from September 1st until December 19th in Florence. Could you recommend any swim teams that I could join while I am in Florence? Thanks, Laura
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I'm a masters swimmer in Florence Italy. I'm orginally from Berkeley CA, but have been living here for 22 years. Masters swimming in Italy is live and kicking! There are about 12,000 active members all over the country. We have 3-4 meets going on every weekend with 500 - 1000 participants (otherwise it's considered a flop). My team in Florence has about 150 members. Our prez was the founder of the Masters Movement in Italy in 1984. We swim for 2 kinds of organizations: FIN (under the auspices of FINA) and UISP which is strictly an Italian organization. Our season goes from October through to the National Championships in June/July. The 2004 World Champs were held here in the town of Riccione. What more can I tell you? Some sites you may enjoy visiting ("nuoto" is swimming in Italian): www.nuoto.it www.nuotopiu.it and mine, for the crossing of the Strait of Messina this summer: www.iswimitaly.it Ciao! Mary Hi Mary, I swim at Bentley University and will be studying abroad from September 1st until December 19th in Florence. Could you recommend any swim teams that I could join while I am in Florence? Thanks, Laura
Children
No Data