What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • We are so blessed in central Indiana to have a ton of indoor, 50 meter natatoriums in many of our high schools! Most of these pools are 10 years or less old. My gripe is the lack of maintenance in the shower rooms. Believe it or not, most of the showers in most of these pool locker rooms barely work. I usually attend the 5 a.m. workouts and have to prepare myself for my day of work each morning in these locker rooms. It disgusts me that these lovely facilities are totally ignoring their showers and locker room cleanliness. I have recently started carrying a bottle of Lime Away in my swim bag. I'm going to squirt the shower heads each morning with an attempt to de-lime them enough to work. If this doesn't do the trick I plan to purchase a couple shower heads and stay late on a Saturday to secretly install them. Other than this I have no complaints. Swimming is the activity that washes my negative away and keeps me in the path of happiness!! :)
  • We are so blessed in central Indiana to have a ton of indoor, 50 meter natatoriums in many of our high schools! Most of these pools are 10 years or less old. My gripe is the lack of maintenance in the shower rooms. Believe it or not, most of the showers in most of these pool locker rooms barely work. I usually attend the 5 a.m. workouts and have to prepare myself for my day of work each morning in these locker rooms. It disgusts me that these lovely facilities are totally ignoring their showers and locker room cleanliness. I have recently started carrying a bottle of Lime Away in my swim bag. I'm going to squirt the shower heads each morning with an attempt to de-lime them enough to work. If this doesn't do the trick I plan to purchase a couple shower heads and stay late on a Saturday to secretly install them. Other than this I have no complaints. Swimming is the activity that washes my negative away and keeps me in the path of happiness!! :)
Children
No Data