What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • 1) practice is always 2hrs before i want to get up - but i do anyway 2) i train way harder than i want to, to go slower than i want to 3) why does swimming take 2x or 3x or 5x the training that any other sport does? 4) how many other sports have you shave your body for the top competition? 5) for 20 years i promised i would not be insane and get up at 5am to train my rear off...yet for 8 years now...im back at it! clearly swimming causes insantiy or at least re-occuring insantiy 6) masters swimming has caused me to look at a Large pizza and go...dinner for 1 it was way worse when i was younger my eating doesnt turn off if i take a day off from swimming 7) by taste i can tell the ph level of pool water and what chemicals are too much and in need of...talk about insane! 8) 77 is too cold, 81 is too hot...a 3 degree range seems way too picky, but too cold and i cramp and too warm and i melt 9) $300 for a jammer is ok, but $9 for goggles? no way! 10) $100 for entries is high, but $800 for airfare to the meet, sure
  • 1) practice is always 2hrs before i want to get up - but i do anyway 2) i train way harder than i want to, to go slower than i want to 3) why does swimming take 2x or 3x or 5x the training that any other sport does? 4) how many other sports have you shave your body for the top competition? 5) for 20 years i promised i would not be insane and get up at 5am to train my rear off...yet for 8 years now...im back at it! clearly swimming causes insantiy or at least re-occuring insantiy 6) masters swimming has caused me to look at a Large pizza and go...dinner for 1 it was way worse when i was younger my eating doesnt turn off if i take a day off from swimming 7) by taste i can tell the ph level of pool water and what chemicals are too much and in need of...talk about insane! 8) 77 is too cold, 81 is too hot...a 3 degree range seems way too picky, but too cold and i cramp and too warm and i melt 9) $300 for a jammer is ok, but $9 for goggles? no way! 10) $100 for entries is high, but $800 for airfare to the meet, sure
Children
No Data