What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    When I was diving I would take my SCUBA stuff to a pool just to make sure all the equip worked OK after being in storage, rather than to fly out only to find that something was busted and interfere with my enjoyment of the dive trip. The certification class I took had a few people who were not strong swimmers and they had problems learning how to clear water from their mask, equalize pressure in their ears, breathe through a snorkel/regulator and get comfortable about swimming. They need to do this while they in a protected environment. Some needed extra pool sessions outside class before they were ready to venture out into open water where they couldn't see the bottom or land, there were waves and currents, plants/animals brushing against you, etc. I knew a guy that would wear his snorkel and mask into a hot tub and "look". That was creepy.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    When I was diving I would take my SCUBA stuff to a pool just to make sure all the equip worked OK after being in storage, rather than to fly out only to find that something was busted and interfere with my enjoyment of the dive trip. The certification class I took had a few people who were not strong swimmers and they had problems learning how to clear water from their mask, equalize pressure in their ears, breathe through a snorkel/regulator and get comfortable about swimming. They need to do this while they in a protected environment. Some needed extra pool sessions outside class before they were ready to venture out into open water where they couldn't see the bottom or land, there were waves and currents, plants/animals brushing against you, etc. I knew a guy that would wear his snorkel and mask into a hot tub and "look". That was creepy.
Children
No Data