What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I did my first scuba lessons at a resort and the first hour or so were in a pool, shared by water volley-ball players and whatnot. My first lesson: the fatter your are the more weight you will be hauling down the beach to the water, i.e. ten per cent of your weight will be added onto a belt. Once in the water everything evens out, except for you darn oxygen comsumption (I know it is compressed air, I am talking a cellular level). The fatter you are the less time you spend under water with the same bottle as the rest of the gang. Okay, I eventually go to the local pool where I practice, and at noon, when nobody is there, I will put on masks and snorkels and fins and do some leg drills without having to go up for air all the time. I also might use swimming goggles and a snorkel and do some swimming to try and fix my freestyle. Usually in the huge swimming facilities the scuba classes are done in the diving (as in Greg Louganis diving) part of the pool. Pet peeve: my paid health club is open 24 hours every day, except for the swimming pool which closes between Saturday afternoon and early Monday morning to do the chlorine and other stuff they usually do at swimming pools. Oh, it also closes at 9 P.M. billy fanstone
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I did my first scuba lessons at a resort and the first hour or so were in a pool, shared by water volley-ball players and whatnot. My first lesson: the fatter your are the more weight you will be hauling down the beach to the water, i.e. ten per cent of your weight will be added onto a belt. Once in the water everything evens out, except for you darn oxygen comsumption (I know it is compressed air, I am talking a cellular level). The fatter you are the less time you spend under water with the same bottle as the rest of the gang. Okay, I eventually go to the local pool where I practice, and at noon, when nobody is there, I will put on masks and snorkels and fins and do some leg drills without having to go up for air all the time. I also might use swimming goggles and a snorkel and do some swimming to try and fix my freestyle. Usually in the huge swimming facilities the scuba classes are done in the diving (as in Greg Louganis diving) part of the pool. Pet peeve: my paid health club is open 24 hours every day, except for the swimming pool which closes between Saturday afternoon and early Monday morning to do the chlorine and other stuff they usually do at swimming pools. Oh, it also closes at 9 P.M. billy fanstone
Children
No Data