What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Sonic Swimmer78 I had a GREAT swim... everything was fine, until... ACK!! Right in the shower room, I get the 12 hour stomach flu, which came unannounced and unwelcome like a "TV Mother-in-law" during a Christmas special! I think that a stomach flu would be terrible anywhere. I sometimes wonder what one would do on an airplane if there was a sudden onset of a stomach flu, particularly when they have the fasten seat belt sign on. There's a good probability that it has happened to someone sometime. On the pet peeve subject... Today I was at the pool, and there was a guy waiting for a lane. I offered to share my lane, which he accepted. He did a few circle swimming laps with me, and when I wasn't looking, he got out and was replaced with a water walker who just hopped in unannounced. So I spent a number of laps dodging the water walker until another lane opened and I moved over. You can't circle swim with a water walker, so you have to keep an eye out for where the walker is.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Sonic Swimmer78 I had a GREAT swim... everything was fine, until... ACK!! Right in the shower room, I get the 12 hour stomach flu, which came unannounced and unwelcome like a "TV Mother-in-law" during a Christmas special! I think that a stomach flu would be terrible anywhere. I sometimes wonder what one would do on an airplane if there was a sudden onset of a stomach flu, particularly when they have the fasten seat belt sign on. There's a good probability that it has happened to someone sometime. On the pet peeve subject... Today I was at the pool, and there was a guy waiting for a lane. I offered to share my lane, which he accepted. He did a few circle swimming laps with me, and when I wasn't looking, he got out and was replaced with a water walker who just hopped in unannounced. So I spent a number of laps dodging the water walker until another lane opened and I moved over. You can't circle swim with a water walker, so you have to keep an eye out for where the walker is.
Children
No Data