What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Kae1 Y'know, I don't know of any swimmer that wouldn't be more than happy to give you some pointers (provided you didn't interrupt them in the middle of something or anything), if you start with "wow, your technique is really good, can you give me any tips?" Again, if you catch them at the beginning or end of their workout, they'd probably be more than willing (I know I would be flattered and more than happy to help, even if it meant setting up another time to meet and go over technique). Kae Please, if you (generic) do this, ONLY catch the person before s/he starts or after s/he is finished. Don't try to chat when they stop between sets. They're likely watching the clock at these times frantically trying to catch their breath in the 15 seconds before the next send-off. Perhaps counting heartbeats as well. Otherwise, the person you interrut may come here and express a peeve about "Chatterbox Person" at their pool! :) :) There is a saying (maybe I should put it in the t-shirt thread): "If you can talk during your workout, you're not working hard enough."
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Kae1 Y'know, I don't know of any swimmer that wouldn't be more than happy to give you some pointers (provided you didn't interrupt them in the middle of something or anything), if you start with "wow, your technique is really good, can you give me any tips?" Again, if you catch them at the beginning or end of their workout, they'd probably be more than willing (I know I would be flattered and more than happy to help, even if it meant setting up another time to meet and go over technique). Kae Please, if you (generic) do this, ONLY catch the person before s/he starts or after s/he is finished. Don't try to chat when they stop between sets. They're likely watching the clock at these times frantically trying to catch their breath in the 15 seconds before the next send-off. Perhaps counting heartbeats as well. Otherwise, the person you interrut may come here and express a peeve about "Chatterbox Person" at their pool! :) :) There is a saying (maybe I should put it in the t-shirt thread): "If you can talk during your workout, you're not working hard enough."
Children
No Data