What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    LOL!! Maybe you can call him "FINbar, The Paddle Boy". As for "Slow-Freestyler", I rarely see him when I swim at the university, so giving the poor guy pointers on his stroke wouldn't be easy to do. However, since our lovely little pet peeves thread has become somewhat of a Labeling Game, I have names for the POOLS i've swam in, here in town. The Socorro Aquatic Center - School District Owned aquatics center: a.k.a. "The Funky Teenage STANK-atorium", a.k.a. "El Comino (Spanish for Cumin, not to be confused with Camino, Spanish for Road) Aquatic Center." The men's locker rooms smell SO bad in there, you'd swear someone prepared Mexican Cuisine, with TONS of Cumin added. Pyoo! The UTEP (University of Texas, El Paso) Swimming and Fitness Center - University Pool and Gym: a.k.a. "University Pool", a.k.a "Adult Swim Aquatic Center", since the majority who swim there are adults. and lastly, the Fort Bliss Replica Aquatic Center (this is in a military base) a.k.a "THE Olympic Pool" a.k.a "Patriot's Long Course" a.k.a. "Master's Delight". We've meantioned names for pool goers, what about the pools we swim in? I know most of you have names for the YMCA pools! "Piece of Work" (just got this from a pool goer at the University, who used to swim at the Y long ago, Yesterday)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    LOL!! Maybe you can call him "FINbar, The Paddle Boy". As for "Slow-Freestyler", I rarely see him when I swim at the university, so giving the poor guy pointers on his stroke wouldn't be easy to do. However, since our lovely little pet peeves thread has become somewhat of a Labeling Game, I have names for the POOLS i've swam in, here in town. The Socorro Aquatic Center - School District Owned aquatics center: a.k.a. "The Funky Teenage STANK-atorium", a.k.a. "El Comino (Spanish for Cumin, not to be confused with Camino, Spanish for Road) Aquatic Center." The men's locker rooms smell SO bad in there, you'd swear someone prepared Mexican Cuisine, with TONS of Cumin added. Pyoo! The UTEP (University of Texas, El Paso) Swimming and Fitness Center - University Pool and Gym: a.k.a. "University Pool", a.k.a "Adult Swim Aquatic Center", since the majority who swim there are adults. and lastly, the Fort Bliss Replica Aquatic Center (this is in a military base) a.k.a "THE Olympic Pool" a.k.a "Patriot's Long Course" a.k.a. "Master's Delight". We've meantioned names for pool goers, what about the pools we swim in? I know most of you have names for the YMCA pools! "Piece of Work" (just got this from a pool goer at the University, who used to swim at the Y long ago, Yesterday)
Children
No Data