What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    two takes... 1st - the guy/gal thrashing in the pool is probably getting a BETTER workout than I am. I am trying to be efficient and consistent with my stroke to achieve a fast time (especially when trying to go fast). Mr/Ms thrasher is getting their heart rate up there faster and longer. It may depend on what you want out of the "workout"... depends on your goal...but it sure hurts to watch... 2nd. Just my take...I use the chance to sell Masters - by giving some advice to those that look like they are trying. I ask them first if they would like a couple of comments (very important to ask 1st - IMHO). If they say yes, I find something nice to say and then give them some basic tips - THEN I try mention the pool JUST HAPPENS to have a Masters group...and that there is a coach on deck that give advice - we have gotten a few people over the years (at a University pool - can't get them forever). I admit to selecting ones that can swim at least a 500 (fast or slow) and don't need a total stroke overhaul (guilty of some sort of bias here). IMHO we - as the 'experienced' swimmers are the sales people for Masters - we need to constantly sell sell sell.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    two takes... 1st - the guy/gal thrashing in the pool is probably getting a BETTER workout than I am. I am trying to be efficient and consistent with my stroke to achieve a fast time (especially when trying to go fast). Mr/Ms thrasher is getting their heart rate up there faster and longer. It may depend on what you want out of the "workout"... depends on your goal...but it sure hurts to watch... 2nd. Just my take...I use the chance to sell Masters - by giving some advice to those that look like they are trying. I ask them first if they would like a couple of comments (very important to ask 1st - IMHO). If they say yes, I find something nice to say and then give them some basic tips - THEN I try mention the pool JUST HAPPENS to have a Masters group...and that there is a coach on deck that give advice - we have gotten a few people over the years (at a University pool - can't get them forever). I admit to selecting ones that can swim at least a 500 (fast or slow) and don't need a total stroke overhaul (guilty of some sort of bias here). IMHO we - as the 'experienced' swimmers are the sales people for Masters - we need to constantly sell sell sell.
Children
No Data