What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by CCSR79 I've also been tempted to correct people when they're swimming the wrong way. There's a guy at my pool who swims fly for some laps and his arms only leave the water after his head has already gone back in, I always feel like telling him "Uh, do you know that they're supposed to come out of the water together?" If you watch Michael Phelps, his face is reentering the water about the time that his hands are leaving it. The head should definately not be fully submerged again by the time the hands come out but neither should the head be coming out of the water at the same time as the hands. Breathing too late is probably the single most common mistake in swimming butterfly. It is really too bad that you see so many photos of butterfliers showing their head high looking forward as their arms are out perpendicular to their bodies, no wonder so many people are mixed up about the correct timing.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by CCSR79 I've also been tempted to correct people when they're swimming the wrong way. There's a guy at my pool who swims fly for some laps and his arms only leave the water after his head has already gone back in, I always feel like telling him "Uh, do you know that they're supposed to come out of the water together?" If you watch Michael Phelps, his face is reentering the water about the time that his hands are leaving it. The head should definately not be fully submerged again by the time the hands come out but neither should the head be coming out of the water at the same time as the hands. Breathing too late is probably the single most common mistake in swimming butterfly. It is really too bad that you see so many photos of butterfliers showing their head high looking forward as their arms are out perpendicular to their bodies, no wonder so many people are mixed up about the correct timing.
Children
No Data