What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Scooter ... no harm was meant towards you ... it's the the red Speedo man's combination of body armor and suit that seems a tad ... strange. Sonic ... seen the same thing regarding about long shower guy at my pool. You'd think they were imitating Leonardo di Caprio on the deck of the Titanic. I started wearing flip flops in the showers anywhere when I picked up a raging case of athlete's foot at a swim meet three years ago. Maybe you ought to consider helping the Super Slow Swimmer. Laineybuy ... best advice on your predicament: "Don't ask, don't tell." :D DAP: We have a "floating cadaver" at our pool. She is a bit ample in girth and uses a snorkel, mask and huge flippers to do her thing. We call her "The Barge" because we thought about playing ring toss on her snorkel. She doesn't like sharing lanes and haven't seen her in a while. Perhaps she got tired of us sharing her lane, passing her doing an IM, fly or whatever. There's a much older guy than I am whom I see every Saturday morning when I am at the pool to teach kids' lessons. He literally stands in the steam room and shadow boxes buck nekked. Once he's pretty steamed up good and red, he continues outside of the steam room, adjacent to the showers. We're waiting for him to have a coronary or stroke. I wonder though, and I am being complimentary to the rest of my good friends out there. We all pretty well seem to know what we're doing in the pool. I wonder if, given all the stuff we've seen in the pool, we're wrong and they're right. Scary thought but only a nightmare.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Scooter ... no harm was meant towards you ... it's the the red Speedo man's combination of body armor and suit that seems a tad ... strange. Sonic ... seen the same thing regarding about long shower guy at my pool. You'd think they were imitating Leonardo di Caprio on the deck of the Titanic. I started wearing flip flops in the showers anywhere when I picked up a raging case of athlete's foot at a swim meet three years ago. Maybe you ought to consider helping the Super Slow Swimmer. Laineybuy ... best advice on your predicament: "Don't ask, don't tell." :D DAP: We have a "floating cadaver" at our pool. She is a bit ample in girth and uses a snorkel, mask and huge flippers to do her thing. We call her "The Barge" because we thought about playing ring toss on her snorkel. She doesn't like sharing lanes and haven't seen her in a while. Perhaps she got tired of us sharing her lane, passing her doing an IM, fly or whatever. There's a much older guy than I am whom I see every Saturday morning when I am at the pool to teach kids' lessons. He literally stands in the steam room and shadow boxes buck nekked. Once he's pretty steamed up good and red, he continues outside of the steam room, adjacent to the showers. We're waiting for him to have a coronary or stroke. I wonder though, and I am being complimentary to the rest of my good friends out there. We all pretty well seem to know what we're doing in the pool. I wonder if, given all the stuff we've seen in the pool, we're wrong and they're right. Scary thought but only a nightmare.
Children
No Data