What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    There is this guy at my pool who seems to ALWAYS choose my lane and he is the most weird swimmer ever (now I started changing lanes every time he joins me, it's a pain!). He splashes so much water around that if you're next to him you will swallow loads of it, and have that feeling you're in the middle of the ocean with all the waves. But the weirdest part which really breaks my concentration is the way he swims. Maybe someone here can enlighten me on why! He does this on every lap: he starts by pushing off the wall all the way to the bottom of the pool (about 4 feet) then touches the floor, gets up, walk about 5 steps, and starts swimming freestyle like mad (hence the waves). When he gets to the end he gets up, does an open turn and do the above all over again. Why would someone do that? On every lap! I can't help but pay attention to it trying to figure out "what the hell..."
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    There is this guy at my pool who seems to ALWAYS choose my lane and he is the most weird swimmer ever (now I started changing lanes every time he joins me, it's a pain!). He splashes so much water around that if you're next to him you will swallow loads of it, and have that feeling you're in the middle of the ocean with all the waves. But the weirdest part which really breaks my concentration is the way he swims. Maybe someone here can enlighten me on why! He does this on every lap: he starts by pushing off the wall all the way to the bottom of the pool (about 4 feet) then touches the floor, gets up, walk about 5 steps, and starts swimming freestyle like mad (hence the waves). When he gets to the end he gets up, does an open turn and do the above all over again. Why would someone do that? On every lap! I can't help but pay attention to it trying to figure out "what the hell..."
Children
No Data