What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Guvnah I wonder if anyone can top "Floating Cadaver". The guy "swims" on his back sooooo slowly. He barely moves. Literally, it takes him more than 5 minutes per 50 yards. I have a "floating cadaver", except in my case it's a lady who takes a several minutes to do one 25 yard length. She's not even flat on her back; she's kind of on her side, almost on her back, with her head sticking out, and she makes groaning sounds the whole time like she is in pain. Perhaps she had surgery or something. The only truely annoying thing to me is that she almost always chooses the designated fast lane and floats in the middle of the lane. The slowest lane has a stairway for physically less able people which gets in the way for normal lap swimming, and she could be doing the cadaver swim in that lane.... but no. I could go on-and-on about all the strange characters and swimming styles that I have encountered.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Guvnah I wonder if anyone can top "Floating Cadaver". The guy "swims" on his back sooooo slowly. He barely moves. Literally, it takes him more than 5 minutes per 50 yards. I have a "floating cadaver", except in my case it's a lady who takes a several minutes to do one 25 yard length. She's not even flat on her back; she's kind of on her side, almost on her back, with her head sticking out, and she makes groaning sounds the whole time like she is in pain. Perhaps she had surgery or something. The only truely annoying thing to me is that she almost always chooses the designated fast lane and floats in the middle of the lane. The slowest lane has a stairway for physically less able people which gets in the way for normal lap swimming, and she could be doing the cadaver swim in that lane.... but no. I could go on-and-on about all the strange characters and swimming styles that I have encountered.
Children
No Data