What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Kae1 I'm kinda of worried about what name other swimmers at the pool have for me, but I know I have names for them... there's "Stretch-cord-string-bikini-woman", the "Southern Belle backstroker", "Red speedo man", "jealous of her butterfly", and a number of "old dudes walking". I wonder if anyone can top "Floating Cadaver". The guy "swims" on his back sooooo slowly. He barely moves. Literally, it takes him more than 5 minutes per 50 yards. I'm sure some people have other names for me (under their breath...) I know "Wet Suit Lady" doesn't like me. And then there is the "Frantic Poodle". She is rather petite, and complains that the water is too cold. (84 degrees...) When she first gets in she does this really brisk doggy-paddle with her arms and a bicycle-like kick to get warm, and to me she looks like a frantic poodle. And "Spider Lady" who has the fastest (but short and choppy) freestyle stroke I've ever seen. Her arms go so fast it looks like she has 8 arms!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Kae1 I'm kinda of worried about what name other swimmers at the pool have for me, but I know I have names for them... there's "Stretch-cord-string-bikini-woman", the "Southern Belle backstroker", "Red speedo man", "jealous of her butterfly", and a number of "old dudes walking". I wonder if anyone can top "Floating Cadaver". The guy "swims" on his back sooooo slowly. He barely moves. Literally, it takes him more than 5 minutes per 50 yards. I'm sure some people have other names for me (under their breath...) I know "Wet Suit Lady" doesn't like me. And then there is the "Frantic Poodle". She is rather petite, and complains that the water is too cold. (84 degrees...) When she first gets in she does this really brisk doggy-paddle with her arms and a bicycle-like kick to get warm, and to me she looks like a frantic poodle. And "Spider Lady" who has the fastest (but short and choppy) freestyle stroke I've ever seen. Her arms go so fast it looks like she has 8 arms!
Children
No Data