What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by swimr4life My pet peeve is swimmers that kick with the pull buoy during a pull set! Doesn't that defeat the purpose?:confused: It just means they're lazy. I've met a few who don't know how to use the Pull Bouy and seeing them is funny for all the wrong reasons. I remembered a pet peeve of mine just recently. I swim at the university pool and there's this student trainer who's a part of the work study program. Okay, so I'm on this starting block that was left on the lane from a previous swimmer when I decide to get on it and practice my starts (yeah, I don't get enough of starting block training) when this guy sees that I'm on the darn thing, waiting to start. I like to concentrate on my start so that I can get a decent form when I start, since my starts aren't all that good, when all of a sudden, he says "GO!" which seriously not only startled me, but ruined my concentration, so what do I do?? I get off the block, SLAPPING my chest and lap. "OWWWW!!!" Not only did I screw up on my start, but I was in discomfort from the water slapping my chest and lap. I don't need for someone to tell me to go when I'm concentrating on a start. :yikes: I'm beginning to sound like Guvnah with that last line :p But seriously though, I need every ounce of concentration to practice my starts. I'm not going to start on the edge of a pool when I attend my first swim meet.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by swimr4life My pet peeve is swimmers that kick with the pull buoy during a pull set! Doesn't that defeat the purpose?:confused: It just means they're lazy. I've met a few who don't know how to use the Pull Bouy and seeing them is funny for all the wrong reasons. I remembered a pet peeve of mine just recently. I swim at the university pool and there's this student trainer who's a part of the work study program. Okay, so I'm on this starting block that was left on the lane from a previous swimmer when I decide to get on it and practice my starts (yeah, I don't get enough of starting block training) when this guy sees that I'm on the darn thing, waiting to start. I like to concentrate on my start so that I can get a decent form when I start, since my starts aren't all that good, when all of a sudden, he says "GO!" which seriously not only startled me, but ruined my concentration, so what do I do?? I get off the block, SLAPPING my chest and lap. "OWWWW!!!" Not only did I screw up on my start, but I was in discomfort from the water slapping my chest and lap. I don't need for someone to tell me to go when I'm concentrating on a start. :yikes: I'm beginning to sound like Guvnah with that last line :p But seriously though, I need every ounce of concentration to practice my starts. I'm not going to start on the edge of a pool when I attend my first swim meet.
Children
No Data