What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Oh man I just had the WORST experience swimming ever. My Masters Club is only open during the week. I have a high calorie dinner this evening and wanted to get in 40 laps this morning and went to this gorgeous acquatic center that is just a hop skip and a jump from my home in Fremont, in Newark. 4 very spacious lanes, nice pool, indoor. The lanes were marked slow fast and medium. Not knowing which to go for, I got into a slow lane where a woman had just gotten in. So I was getting ready, and the herd came in. The pool was filling up fast. I had never shared a lane with more than two other swimmers - ever. So I start in the slow lane with the woman and I am overtaking her. She stopped at the end, then starts sliding to the middle of the lane!!!! On one of my breaths I said "Excuse me- I'm going to turn" and she looked at me like the Mother Ship was outside in the parking lot. She got the hint when I got to the end and initiated my flip turn. So that didn't work. So I scooted to a 'medium' lane and asked if we could swim in a circle as the two swimmers were swimmgin side by side. Couldn't they see me standing politely at the end? I guess not. The water is kind of murky or something. Yuck. So that didn't work out either because they were doing freestyle, and I was doing BR and when I got to the end and did a flip turn, I almost ran smack into one of them. So, that didn't work, and I bade a farewell and moved to ANOTHER slow lane where a guy was doing the BR so I figured that would work. We glided politely past each other and I thought it was going to work until a third guy got in and I just gave up. I felt like I was driving in a crazy traffic jam, trying to keep myself out of harm's way. I only got inabout 8 laps or so; I was so flustered, I kept forgetting to hit my lap counter. I got out and even MORE people were coming in. Is it me, or is 25 people in a 4 lane pool just TOO MUCH? I know I would have gotten too hot as the water was very warm. The pros - easy to get in, the cons, by my 20th lap, I would have been roasting. Anyway, it was a HORRIBLE experience and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I was leaving and more people were coming in through the front door. I am going to see if my Masters club will start having a Saturday or Sunday Swim. Technically we can swim every day, it's just arranging a person with a key to come and we would watch the deck while the other swam. Something to think about. :mad: I think it's something to write about on my website's 'rant' section...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Oh man I just had the WORST experience swimming ever. My Masters Club is only open during the week. I have a high calorie dinner this evening and wanted to get in 40 laps this morning and went to this gorgeous acquatic center that is just a hop skip and a jump from my home in Fremont, in Newark. 4 very spacious lanes, nice pool, indoor. The lanes were marked slow fast and medium. Not knowing which to go for, I got into a slow lane where a woman had just gotten in. So I was getting ready, and the herd came in. The pool was filling up fast. I had never shared a lane with more than two other swimmers - ever. So I start in the slow lane with the woman and I am overtaking her. She stopped at the end, then starts sliding to the middle of the lane!!!! On one of my breaths I said "Excuse me- I'm going to turn" and she looked at me like the Mother Ship was outside in the parking lot. She got the hint when I got to the end and initiated my flip turn. So that didn't work. So I scooted to a 'medium' lane and asked if we could swim in a circle as the two swimmers were swimmgin side by side. Couldn't they see me standing politely at the end? I guess not. The water is kind of murky or something. Yuck. So that didn't work out either because they were doing freestyle, and I was doing BR and when I got to the end and did a flip turn, I almost ran smack into one of them. So, that didn't work, and I bade a farewell and moved to ANOTHER slow lane where a guy was doing the BR so I figured that would work. We glided politely past each other and I thought it was going to work until a third guy got in and I just gave up. I felt like I was driving in a crazy traffic jam, trying to keep myself out of harm's way. I only got inabout 8 laps or so; I was so flustered, I kept forgetting to hit my lap counter. I got out and even MORE people were coming in. Is it me, or is 25 people in a 4 lane pool just TOO MUCH? I know I would have gotten too hot as the water was very warm. The pros - easy to get in, the cons, by my 20th lap, I would have been roasting. Anyway, it was a HORRIBLE experience and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I was leaving and more people were coming in through the front door. I am going to see if my Masters club will start having a Saturday or Sunday Swim. Technically we can swim every day, it's just arranging a person with a key to come and we would watch the deck while the other swam. Something to think about. :mad: I think it's something to write about on my website's 'rant' section...
Children
No Data