What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Scansy Several posts with people just jumping in and swimming and then running into another swimmer!:confused: I just don't get the thought process that leads to that. I always make sure that I have the attention of ALL of the other swimmers in a lane before I enter. It doesn't have to be a conversation. Just them looking at me and acknowledging that I am getting in. In the end, its the resposibility of the person getting in to let the others know they are coming in. I know that when I am in a good workout, I tend to become oblivious to what's happening on the deck around me. On occassion, when I can't get someones attention that is swimming, I will sit on the edge with my feet in the water - at a corner of the lane. That has always made them look at least briefly. I'm with you. I even make sure the other person knows I'm there before I start even if we're splitting the lane, not circling. I'll stand in the water on the side opposite the one it appears the other swimmer wants. And if I'm wrong about the side I picked, I'll move to the other. I figure, if s/he doesn't stop and acknowledge my presence, at least I stayed standing there until s/he came back and turned at the end I was standing. If there is anything at all to be peeved about this (given the thread this is in) it's when I get in right after the other swimmer pushed off, and I have to wait until s/he gets down and back. That, in itself, isn't a problem unless the person goes so slow that it takes several minutes to complete. I could have had my first 100 or more done already.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Scansy Several posts with people just jumping in and swimming and then running into another swimmer!:confused: I just don't get the thought process that leads to that. I always make sure that I have the attention of ALL of the other swimmers in a lane before I enter. It doesn't have to be a conversation. Just them looking at me and acknowledging that I am getting in. In the end, its the resposibility of the person getting in to let the others know they are coming in. I know that when I am in a good workout, I tend to become oblivious to what's happening on the deck around me. On occassion, when I can't get someones attention that is swimming, I will sit on the edge with my feet in the water - at a corner of the lane. That has always made them look at least briefly. I'm with you. I even make sure the other person knows I'm there before I start even if we're splitting the lane, not circling. I'll stand in the water on the side opposite the one it appears the other swimmer wants. And if I'm wrong about the side I picked, I'll move to the other. I figure, if s/he doesn't stop and acknowledge my presence, at least I stayed standing there until s/he came back and turned at the end I was standing. If there is anything at all to be peeved about this (given the thread this is in) it's when I get in right after the other swimmer pushed off, and I have to wait until s/he gets down and back. That, in itself, isn't a problem unless the person goes so slow that it takes several minutes to complete. I could have had my first 100 or more done already.
Children
No Data