What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Several posts with people just jumping in and swimming and then running into another swimmer!:confused: I just don't get the thought process that leads to that. I always make sure that I have the attention of ALL of the other swimmers in a lane before I enter. It doesn't have to be a conversation. Just them looking at me and acknowledging that I am getting in. In the end, its the resposibility of the person getting in to let the others know they are coming in. I know that when I am in a good workout, I tend to become oblivious to what's happening on the deck around me. On occassion, when I can't get someones attention that is swimming, I will sit on the edge with my feet in the water - at a corner of the lane. That has always made them look at least briefly.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Several posts with people just jumping in and swimming and then running into another swimmer!:confused: I just don't get the thought process that leads to that. I always make sure that I have the attention of ALL of the other swimmers in a lane before I enter. It doesn't have to be a conversation. Just them looking at me and acknowledging that I am getting in. In the end, its the resposibility of the person getting in to let the others know they are coming in. I know that when I am in a good workout, I tend to become oblivious to what's happening on the deck around me. On occassion, when I can't get someones attention that is swimming, I will sit on the edge with my feet in the water - at a corner of the lane. That has always made them look at least briefly.
Children
No Data