What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • I should have knocked on wood the other night. The irony here is really annoying. I swam at our 7 pm workout tonight. It was about 42 degrees on the deck and you could not see the pool very well with all of the steam. My friend and I got in right at 7 and since it wasn't really crowded we decided to split the lane. Near the end of warm up at 7:15 Kerry says, "One more 50 up and back." I go on my right side of the lane and come back on my right side. Unbeknownst to me, another girl had jumped in and started swimming. She wasn't looking and ran into me! (Of course I wasn't looking either, as there were only two of us in the lane!) She nailed my left hand. She apologized and said," I didn't know you guys were splitting." When I got to the wall my friend said,"Did she hit you?" I said that she got me pretty good, and mocking her, I said, "I didn't know you were splitting- well, you could LOOK!" (I guess she couldn't see with all of the steam?) Insert foot in mouth, her husband was in the next lane listening! DOH. We ended up having a really great practice. I moved over a lane and we raced quite a bit. She won some, I won some. It was a lot of fun :)
  • I should have knocked on wood the other night. The irony here is really annoying. I swam at our 7 pm workout tonight. It was about 42 degrees on the deck and you could not see the pool very well with all of the steam. My friend and I got in right at 7 and since it wasn't really crowded we decided to split the lane. Near the end of warm up at 7:15 Kerry says, "One more 50 up and back." I go on my right side of the lane and come back on my right side. Unbeknownst to me, another girl had jumped in and started swimming. She wasn't looking and ran into me! (Of course I wasn't looking either, as there were only two of us in the lane!) She nailed my left hand. She apologized and said," I didn't know you guys were splitting." When I got to the wall my friend said,"Did she hit you?" I said that she got me pretty good, and mocking her, I said, "I didn't know you were splitting- well, you could LOOK!" (I guess she couldn't see with all of the steam?) Insert foot in mouth, her husband was in the next lane listening! DOH. We ended up having a really great practice. I moved over a lane and we raced quite a bit. She won some, I won some. It was a lot of fun :)
Children
No Data