What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by knelson Well then, they should learn. I can't even imagine this. Is the time designated as "lap swimming" or just "open swim?" It seems like you could at least get them to divide the pool so some people could do circle swim laps. There is no time designated as 'lap swim'. The only rule is that there be no lap swimming during the water aerobics class (which apparently doesn't stop people from doing water aerobics in the pool whenever they feel like it - they just don't have the instructor and loud music). all other times the pool is open for "member use" and nothing specifies what limitations (if any) there are in the definition of "use". Personally, I think it speaks to the larger issue of many people (especially in Arizona) feeling that a pool exists for relaxation and enjoyment, not excersize. For example, to cool off after your 'real' workout on the weights or at the spinning class, or as a refresher so you can get back into the spa without getting overheated. The idea that swimming *is* a workout for many of us is just too foreign. I'm trying to work on my fly, since that seems to convey the message "I'm serious" to others getting in the poo:D Kae
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by knelson Well then, they should learn. I can't even imagine this. Is the time designated as "lap swimming" or just "open swim?" It seems like you could at least get them to divide the pool so some people could do circle swim laps. There is no time designated as 'lap swim'. The only rule is that there be no lap swimming during the water aerobics class (which apparently doesn't stop people from doing water aerobics in the pool whenever they feel like it - they just don't have the instructor and loud music). all other times the pool is open for "member use" and nothing specifies what limitations (if any) there are in the definition of "use". Personally, I think it speaks to the larger issue of many people (especially in Arizona) feeling that a pool exists for relaxation and enjoyment, not excersize. For example, to cool off after your 'real' workout on the weights or at the spinning class, or as a refresher so you can get back into the spa without getting overheated. The idea that swimming *is* a workout for many of us is just too foreign. I'm trying to work on my fly, since that seems to convey the message "I'm serious" to others getting in the poo:D Kae
Children
No Data